The smartest way to maintain potency across your brand is to create a style guide with exact specifications, guidelines and examples. A well-thought-out style guide is an essential reference tool for creating branded content.
What is a brand style guide?
A brand style guide (also known as a brand book or brand guide) is simply a reference tool that helps content creators maintain consistency by establishing what a brand must look, feel and sound like at all times. It’s one of the most important resources of your business.
It sets a clear focus for all parties—employees, partners and investors.
A style guide should include all the essential guidelines for your brand’s identity, voice and tone especially these elements listed below.
- Brand Position: Brand story, mission and values.
- Logo: Color, size, positioning and clear space.
- Color Palette: Print color (CMYK) and digital color (RGB) codes.
- Typography: Font type/s, size, color, spacing and alignment.
- Imagery: Mood, size, focus, clear space and background.
- Copy: Key words, word count and tone.
- Digital Material: Specific specifications and examples.
- Print Material: Specific specifications and examples.
Scopic works with you to maximize marketing returns, contact us to find out more.