Findings from a recent Adobe survey (Adobe Consumer Email Survey Report 2017) on email marketing indicate that consumers are sick of branded emails that are hard selling, uninformative and irrelevant.
However, there was a positive and that was consumers would still rather get an email offer from brands compared to direct mail, mobile apps or social media. As Adobe puts it, consumers still have a love affair with email, but these days a bit more balance in needed.
- 19 percent of consumers are not happy having to scroll too much.
- 20 percent of consumers get frustrated waiting for images to load.
- 20 percent of consumers don’t check work email outside of work hours.
- 26 percent of consumers check email in the morning before doing anything else.
- 28 percent of consumers 18-24 sneak a peek at email while working out.