A business’s brand is one of its most visual assets. Business branding reflects the core personality and culture of a business. It sets clear direction for employees, and creates meaningful connection points for target audiences. For a brand to be truly engaging and memorable, it must strongly communicate its brand in a consistent way across all channels to all audiences.
The smartest way to maintain consistency across your brand is to create a style guide with exact specifications, guidelines and examples. A style guide is simply a reference tool that helps maintain consistency by demonstrating what a brand must look, feel and sound like at all times.
Essential Elements of a Style Guide:
- Brand Position: Brand story, mission and values.
- Logo: Color, size, positioning and clear space.
- Color Palette: Print color (CMYK) and digital color (RGB) codes.
- Typography: Font type/s, size, color, spacing and alignment.
- Imagery: Mood, size, focus, clear space and background.
- Copy: Key words, word count and tone.
- Print Material: Specific specifications and examples.
- Digital Material: Specific specifications and examples.
To clearly and effectively communicate with your target audience in a consistent and effective way you should always use your style guide as a starting point.
Scopic works with businesses to create brand style guides that provide clear direction for employees and partners connect with us to find out more.